Friday, May 15, 2009

Backyard camping

Dad has been craving some good camping adventures these days. Although I'm sure it was nothing like his days of scaling Mt. Whitney or his long nights in Death Valley, my guess is that spending the evening with his little girl in a tent in the backyard was a close second.
Yes, there are only 2 sleeping bags in the tent, one for Curly and one for dad. No way was I going to spend a night outside in a tent with this pregnant body. I did that once before when I was 8 months pregnant in Yosemite and I don't think I'll be doing that again.

Luckily Curly had all the comforts and necessities of home: books, blankets, her baby Ella, and milk.
It was a fun night for everyone.
Curly has a fine dad indeed!



3 comments:

Megan said...

I hope Nate realizes that we're a nice pit stop for trips to Mt. Whitney (and kind of Death Valley... They say we're the "gateway" but I'm not so sure.) You and Curly could stay here with us while he does his adventurous stuff. Just a thought... *wink*

Kristi David said...

Very cute! Any potty breaks in the middle of the night?

Nicole said...

Wow. Did Nate sleep out there with her all night? We have only let the boys "camp" in the playroom -- and that didn't even go very smoothly.