Friday, June 19, 2009

it's going to be a good year!

Our back yard is brimming with yummy things we'll soon be able to eat...



Figs, figs, glorious figs.
This year I have to figure out what's eating all of them before I get a chance to.

One of about 5 avocados. This tree is not in our backyard, but the neighbors have kindly allowed us to consume anything that is on our side of the fence.

And my dear, glorious lemons are going to be plentiful this year. There are tons of these little guys popping up on just about every branch.

I sure wish I had smell-a-blog, you really have not smelled anything until you've smelled a citrus tree in full bloom. If they bottled this stuff I'd buy it by the gallon.

I am madly in love with all things in bloom!

3 comments:

dana said...

Oh! So many yummy things! I wish I could smell those blossoms now.

Diane said...

Everything looks delicious! I'm interested to see what you do with the figs.

Laney said...

I'm so jealous of all the yummy CA foliage. I love the smell of citrus trees so much, too.