Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tired

I have been very lucky with this little girl, she LOVES to sleep. She was a great sleeper (pretty much) from the beginning. I remember putting her in her crib when she was little and she would giggle because she was happy to be lying there with a few animals and a blanket. She would never complain about being put to bed so bedtime was never torture. And just until very recently (a few months ago) she took a nap every single day. Unfortunately this little girl isn't so little anymore and she is getting ready to go to kindergarten in a few weeks so I've had to start the "no nap" transition. She loves the idea of being a big girl and not taking a nap but I also think her little body just gets tuckered out sometimes.


Today I put little brother down for his nap and got her going on an art project then started my "chores". After going about my business for a little while I realized she was really quiet. This is the sweet little face I discovered when going in to check on her.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

So sweet! Always a big sleeper myself, I benefitted greatly from my Kindergarten's daily nap time. :) Schools should still do that!

dana said...

Aw. that's the sweetest thing. I love the pen marks on her fingers. She was working hard!

aaron&yuka said...

so cute!! sweet little thing...

jd said...

All-day kindergarten is a crime. Do they still do naps in school?? Sure hope so...